Garlic Fried Chops
15 minutes prep20 minutes cook
- 12" cast iron skillet
- Mixing bowl
- Tongs (a fork is okay)
- 4–6 porkchops
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 tbsp or 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp each garlic powder, onion powder, paprika
- 3 eggs
- To taste: salt, pepper, cayenne
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Heat vegetable oil in cast iron to medium.
- In shallow dish combine flour, cornstarch, garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- In bowl whisk eggs with salt and pepper.
- Pat porkchops dry with paper towels, season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chops in flour mix, then dip in egg mix, then coat again in the flour. Repeat until all chops are coated.
- Cook the chops 5–7 minutes each side, or until golden brown on each side.
- Set the chops on either a plate lined with paper towels or a wire rack to drain any excess grease.
- Slice into 1/2" slivers, and serve with either gravy, or a drizzle of blueberry apricot balsamic.
- Heat non-stick skillet to medium heat and melt 2 tbsp butter.
- Add 2 tbsp of left over flour mix from above, whisk until well combined. Cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly mix in 1 1/2 cup milk, ensuring no clumps of flour are present. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3–4 minutes or until thickened. Salt and pepper to taste.
My personal favorite way to serve this dish is over a bed of 50/50 mix salad, with some roasty toasty broc and blueberry apricot balsamic dressing.
If a hearty meal is more your route, try it with twice-baked p’tots and garlic parmesan asparagus.
Other main dish recipes:
Teriyaki KabobsMain Dish
Best Beer BratwurstMain Dish
Yogurt ChickenMain Dish
Roasted Veggie and Quinoa SoupMain Dish
1 hour 25 minutes
Taco BowlsMain Dish
Tahini PastaMain Dish
Garlic PastaMain Dish
Red Beans & RiceMain Dish
8 hours 10 minutes
It's Chili SZNMain Dish
8 hours 20 minutes
Miso ChickenMain Dish
Ultimate Cheese BurgerMain Dish
Spa'ghet Meat SauceMain Dish
5 hours 25 minutes
Beef Birria TacosMain Dish
5 hours 20 minutes