Creamy Tomatillo Chicken Enchiladas
30 minutes prep30 minutes cook
- Baking sheet
- 12" cast iron or non-stick skillet
- 10x16" Casserole dish
- Aluminum Foil
- 2 Chicken boobs, cut in half horizontally
- 2 tbsp white people taco seasoning
- 4 tbsp oil, avocado or vegetable
- 17 oz tomatillo salsa, recommend Goya’s or make your own
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 white onion, finely diced
- 2 cups fiesta cheese, separated 1 1/2 cup and 1/2 cup
- To taste: salt, pepper
- 30 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken halves on a sheet of foil, drizzle with oil, and white people taco seasoning. Rub the seasoning and oil all over chicken.
- Cover with foil and seal shut.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes covered, 10 minutes uncovered.
- Let rest for 5–10 minutes, then shred with some forks and set aside.
- Before mixing the filling, coat bottom of casserole dish with about 1/8 cup of tomatillo salsa.
- In large mixing bowl mix remainder of tomatillo salsa, sour cream. Set aside 1/2 cup of this mixture in a separate bowl.
- Add onion, 1 1/2 cup cheese, salt, pepper, chicken to large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat cast iron or non-stick skillet to medium-low heat.
- While skillet is heating up, set up an assembly line next to your stove. Have a clean cutting board (plate will work fine), the casserole dish, and filling at easy access.
- Start toasting tortillas, 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side or until pliable, not crispy.
- Using 2–3 tbsp of filling, place it in a straight line on the warmed up tortilla and roll into a log. Place the enchilada into casserole dish seam side down. Repeat until either casserole dish is full, or all filling is gone.
- Top enchiladas with the reserved tomatillo salsa and sour cream mixture, and cheese.
- Cover with tin foil, and bake at 375°F for 30–35 minutes.
- Uncover and broil for 5 minutes or until golden and crispy
Other main dish recipes:
Teriyaki KabobsMain Dish
Best Beer BratwurstMain Dish
Yogurt ChickenMain Dish
Roasted Veggie and Quinoa SoupMain Dish
1 hour 25 minutes
Taco BowlsMain Dish
Garlic Fried ChopsMain Dish
Tahini PastaMain Dish
Garlic PastaMain Dish
Red Beans & RiceMain Dish
8 hours 10 minutes
It's Chili SZNMain Dish
8 hours 20 minutes
Miso ChickenMain Dish
Ultimate Cheese BurgerMain Dish
Spa'ghet Meat SauceMain Dish
5 hours 25 minutes
Beef Birria TacosMain Dish
5 hours 20 minutes