Roasted Veggie and Quinoa Soup
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 2–4 heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp each garlic powder, onion powder
- 2–3 bay leaves
- 3 cup broth, veggie or chicken
- 3 cup water
- To taste: salt, and pepper
- Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 400°F
- Peel the papery outside of garlic. Make sure to leave the bulb whole and each individual clove in their skin.
- Cut off 1/4" to 1/2" of the top of garlic, exposing the cloves.
- Place garlic on a piece of foil large enough to wrap garlic in. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and close foil.
- Place veggies on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and half the spices. Give them a quick toss, place garlic on baking sheet and roast for 35 minutes, or until a nice char is developed on veggies.
- Let garlic cool completely, then remove cloves from skins and give rough chop.
- In Dutch oven or stock pot, over medium heat add olive oil and toast quinoa until the grain starts to expand.
- Add 3 cups of water, bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- Add broth, veggies, garlic, spices, and bay leaves to quinoa, give it a swirl.
- Let simmer for 30–45 minutes, and enjoy.
Use any veggies you want! Change it up every time you make this hearty soup to make it new and fresh.