Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Green Peppers
- 3 Green bell peppers - deseeded
- 1 pack Steakums or 1 lb shaved steak
- 1/2 medium yellow onion - sliced
- 4–5 mushrooms - sliced, optional
- 3 tbsp or 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp each garlic powder, onion powder
- 2–3 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- To taste: salt, pepper
- 6 slices provolone1
- Heat skillet to medium to medium-high heat, and preheat oven to 350°F.
- When skillet is hot add a drizzle of oil, onions, mushrooms(optional), and garlic with 1/2 tbsp each garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste. Cook until soft and moisture is removed, about 3–5 minutes.
- Add in steak, additional garlic powder, onion powder, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the meat is browned and slightly charred.
- In baking dish place halved, and deseeded bell peppers cut side up, fill each one with the meat and onion mixture and top with a slice of provolone1
- Bake at 350°F for 15–20 minutes until pepper is tender and cheese is melty, then broil on high for 3–5 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with some sweet p’tot fries for a delectable combo.
- You can substitute the provolone for nacho cheese. If you do, mix up to 15 oz.(1 can) nacho cheese into the meat mixture.