- 1/2–1 lb protein, chicken and/or beef, cut into 1" cubes
- 4 bell peppers, 2 yellow and 2 red, deseeded and quartered
- 1 purple onion, quartered
- 1 tbsp each garlic, ginger, minced or grated
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder
- To Taste: salt, pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat grill, or oven, to 325°F.
- In mixing bowl combine soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, spices.
- Toss meat in teriyaki marinade, let sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Take meat out of marinade, set the remaining marinade to the side.
- Skewer meat, peppers, and onions until all is skewered.
- In small mixing bowl combine cornstarch and a splash of water, give it a mix to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Heat small sauce pan to medium heat and add remaining marinade and cornstarch slurry. Bring to a mild boil then down to a simmer, let simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Start grilling or baking the skewers.
- If grilling, grill for about 10–15 minutes, basting with teriyaki sauce every few minutes.
If baking, bake at 325°F for 12–18 minutes, baste with teriyaki sauce mid-way through,
- Serve along side ginger rice and roasty toasty broccoli.