- 4 large baking potatoes
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tbsps butter
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Bake potatoes 1 hour on cooking sheet.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, heat skillet to medium high heat.
- Place bacon in skillet, cooking until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble, and set aside bacon.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop flesh into a large mixing bowl. Set aside skins.
- Add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, and half of the cheese, bacon and green onions to the mixing bowl.
- Mix with hand mixer until well-blended and creamy. Using a hand masher or fork will also work (though may result in a less creamy but no less delicious mixture).
Baked potatoes (again)
- Spoon filling into empty potato skins, toping each with remaining cheese, bacon, and green onions.
- Bake for additional 15 minutes at 350° F.