15 minutes prep1 hour 15 minutes cook
- Baking sheet
- 10–12" skillet
- Mixing bowl
- Hand mixer (or hand masher)
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tbsps butter
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Bake potatoes 1 hour on cooking sheet.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, heat skillet to medium high heat.
- Place bacon in skillet, cooking until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble, and set aside bacon.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop flesh into a large mixing bowl. Set aside skins.
- Add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, and half of the cheese, bacon and green onions to the mixing bowl.
- Mix with hand mixer until well-blended and creamy. Using a hand masher or fork will also work (though may result in a less creamy but no less delicious mixture).
Baked potatoes (again)
- Spoon filling into empty potato skins, toping each with remaining cheese, bacon, and green onions.
- Bake for additional 15 minutes at 350° F.
Other side dish recipes:
Smashed P'totsSide Dish
Cilantro Lime RiceSide Dish
Ginger RiceSide Dish
Yellow RiceSide Dish
P'tot WedgesSide Dish
Not So Boring RiceSide Dish
Cheesy Garlic BreadSide Dish
Sweet P'Tot FriesSide Dish
Jalapeño Cheddar CornbreadSide Dish