Mediterranean Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 red onion, 1/2 minced or grated, 1/2 sliced
- 1 pack sun dried tomatoes (about 6–8 tomatoes), finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup feta crumbles
- 2 tbsp or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- To taste: salt, pepper
- Ciabatta buns
- Butter lettuce
- Tomato, sliced
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Separate mixture into 4–6 equal parts and form patties. Using your thumb, press an indent in the middle of each patty. This will ensure even cooking and no poofy patties.
- Heat skillet to medium, and add 1 tbsp neutral cooking oil.
- Cook the patties 4–5 minutes each side, or until you have a nice medium golden brown crust. You can use a thermometer to make sure the internal temperature is (at minimum) 165º F.
- Serve the burgers on toasted ciabatta buns with butter lettuce, tomato, purple onion, and spicy sundried tomato aioli.
You can easily cook these on the grill, in the oven, or with a George Foreman. If you use an oven, cook for 12–15 minutes at 425º F. Regardless of method, the internal temperature should be a minimum of 165º F.