Best Beer Bratwurst
- 4–8 bratwurst
- 4–8 split-top hot dog buns
- 4 16 oz beers
- 1 large white onion, skinned, halved, and sliced
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 3 tbsp or 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Add 3 beers, 2/3 of the onion, and garlic to stockpot. Add water to fill pot, leaving about an inch of clearance, and bring to a boil. Drink the 4th beer.
- Add bratwurst to pot. Let cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bring large skillet to high heat. 2–4 at a time, move bratwurst to skillet. Cook until dark crust forms, flipping occasionally to ensure even texture.
- Finish bratwurst in aluminum foil 5–10 minutes.
Peppers & Onions
- While bratwurst is boiling, add olive oil, the rest of the onion, and bell peppers to frying pan. Cook covered over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve each bratwurst in a bun with peppers & onions and stone ground mustard.