10 minutes prep15 minutes cook
- 10" cast iron skillet
- 1 lb ground meat (dealer’s choice)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 tbsp or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 12 oz Mexican lager (I prefer Modelo)
- Heat cast iron to medium-high heat and drizzle with neutral cooking oil.
- Add onion, garlic, and 1 tbsp of taco seasoning. Sauté until onion becomes translucent around edges, around 3–5 minutes.
- Add meat and brown 1–2 minutes.
- Add remaining seasoning and break meat into small chunks. Brown until a nice crust is formed.
- Add in 1/2 your Mexican lager, and let simmer until reduced by half. Drink the other 1/2 — you deserve it, bud.
- Serve over cilantro lime rice with any taco toppings you enjoy — avocados, pico de gallo, sour cream, Cotija cheese, etc.
Other main dish recipes:
Teriyaki KabobsMain Dish
Best Beer BratwurstMain Dish
Yogurt ChickenMain Dish
Roasted Veggie and Quinoa SoupMain Dish
1 hour 25 minutes
Garlic Fried ChopsMain Dish
Tahini PastaMain Dish
Garlic PastaMain Dish
Red Beans & RiceMain Dish
8 hours 10 minutes
It's Chili SZNMain Dish
8 hours 20 minutes
Miso ChickenMain Dish
Ultimate Cheese BurgerMain Dish
Spa'ghet Meat SauceMain Dish
5 hours 25 minutes
Beef Birria TacosMain Dish
5 hours 20 minutes