Beef n' Broccoli
- 1 lb flank steak - sliced against the grain
- 3 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar - lightly packed
- 1 tbsp ginger - grated
- 4 cloves garlic - grated
- 3/4 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp each: salt, crushed red peppers
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- In mixing bowl add soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, pepper, salt, crushed red pepper, cornstarch. Whisk until cornstarch is no longer clumped together. Set aside
- Heat skillet to medium heat, add drizzle sesame oil.
- Place steak in heated skillet, cook until browned and no visible pink left, about 5 minutes.
- While steak is cooking, toss broccoli in the microwave for 2–3 minutes to thaw, then place in skillet with steak.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture into the skillet, stir everything together until well coated. Crank the heat up to medium-high and cover for about 2 minutes.
- Uncover and stir, lower heat to medium-low and let simmer until sauce is thickened.
- Serve along side ginger rice and top with sesame seeds.