10 minutes prep15 minutes cook
- Sauce pan
- 1 cup basmati or jasmine rice, rinsed until water is clear
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 green onions, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced or finely grated
- To taste: salt
- Over medium heat, add 1 tbsp neutral cooking oil to sauce pan to coat the bottom. Add ginger and green onions. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Swirl ricein pan to soak up remaining oil. Add water and a pinch of salt, and crank up the heat to bring to a boil.
- Once at a boil, cover pan and reduce heat to a simmer. Let simmer until tender, about 12–15 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and salt to taste.
- Serve with miso chicken.