Cheesecake with Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 2/3 cups milk, separated into 1 cup and 2/3 cup
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided into two parts
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 graham cracker crust (don’t get store bought. just don’t)
- Whisk 1 cup milk, 1/4 cup sugar, egg yolks, and cornstarch in mixing bowl.
- Heat remaining milk and sugar in sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- While whisking, slowly pour the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture.
- Return to the sauce pan and cook. Whisk constantly (DON’T TAKE YOUR EYES OFF IT) until the mixture starts to bubble and is very thick, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in cream cheese, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour into graham cracker crust and refrigerate until set, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with berry compote, fresh fruit, or even on its own (it’s good enough, trust me).
Other dessert recipes:
Churro Cheesecake BarsDessert
Strawberry Shortcake CookiesDessert
Chocolate Chip CookiesDessert
Chocolate Chocolate Chip CupcakesDessert
Mom's Secret Chocolate Pecan PieDessert
Carrot Cake CupcakesDessert
Easy as Fuck ButtercreamDessert
Cream Cheese FrostingDessert
Dulce de Leche Churro CupcakesDessert