Cheesecake with Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 2/3 cups milk, separated into 1 cup and 2/3 cup
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided into two parts
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 graham cracker crust (don’t get store bought. just don’t)
- Whisk 1 cup milk, 1/4 cup sugar, egg yolks, and cornstarch in mixing bowl.
- Heat remaining milk and sugar in sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- While whisking, slowly pour the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture.
- Return to the sauce pan and cook. Whisk constantly (DON’T TAKE YOUR EYES OFF IT) until the mixture starts to bubble and is very thick, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in cream cheese, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour into graham cracker crust and refrigerate until set, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with berry compote, fresh fruit, or even on its own (it’s good enough, trust me).