Mom’s Secret Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (Mom says "only Ghirardelli will work, so splurge")
- 2 sticks margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 pie shells (Mom says store bought is "fine")
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Melt margarine and chocolate together in sauce pan.
- Whisk together sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk, and chocolate/margarine mix in mixing bowl.
- Pour filling into pie shells evenly. Top with pecans, laying them flat in a circular pattern.
- Cover the edge of the pie shells with foil to prevent burning. Bake for until center is set, about 37 minutes.