Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter - room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar - packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg - room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract - measure with your heart
- 1 1/2 cups Guittard milk chocolate chips🔑
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium mixing bowl combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate small mixing bowl whisk together vanilla and egg.
- In stand mixer cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar and mix on medium for 3–5 minutes, scraping sides as needed.
If using a hand mixer: cream above ingredients in a large mixing bowl for the same duration of time.
- Add the egg and vanilla mixture, and beat on medium for 1–2 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until JUST combined, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Using cookie scoop, portion the dough into balls on a piece of parchment paper.1
If using measuring cups, measure each cookie ball to be hefty 1/8 cup.
- Set cookie balls on baking sheet 2" apart. No more than 6 cookies per sheet and in the oven at one time.
- Bake for 9–11 minutes, then cool on wire rack for at least 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- I line a small portion of my counter with a 12" long sheet of parchment paper, you can also use wax paper for this part.