- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs - room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk - room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla - measure with your heart
- Optional: coloring - gel based
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line cupcake tin with liners.
- In large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together with a whisk until well combined.
- In separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and salt, then slowly incorporate into butter mixture.
- In small bowl mix eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk with a whisk until well combined. Then slowly add to flour and butter mixture. Add food coloring if you’re wanting to spice it up. Mix until batter is formed.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way. Bake at 350°F for 18–20 minutes.
- Cool completely before adding on a generous serving of your favorite frosting. May we recommend the easy as fuck buttercream