Second Date Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar1, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla - measure this with your heart
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup each dark and milk chocolate chips 🔑
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- While the oven is preheating in a large bowl whisk together the butter, sugars, sour cream, vanilla, and egg until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Slowly incorporate into the butter mixture with spatula.
- Add in the prized chocolate chips. This may take some elbow grease - so smash those bitches in there.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray. Scoop and plop the dough balls onto the sheet ~2" apart or plop in rows, and freeze2.
You can either scoop with an ice cream scoop, which will give you big fluffy cookies, or use a cookie scoop, which will give you small-ish but still fluffy cookies.
- Bake at 375°F for 10–12 minutes if using a cookie scoop or 15–18 minutes if using an ice cream scoop.
- Serve with love, milk, smiles, or a nice cup o' joe with baileys.
Use dark brown sugar for a more toffee-noted flavor.
Freeze up to 3 months - if they can last that long without getting eaten.