Easy as Fuck Buttercream
5 minutes prep10 minutes cook
Yields 2 lbs
- Hand mixer
- Large mixing bowl
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 2 cups softened unsalted butter
- 2–6 tbsp milk
- Pinch of salt
- To taste: vanilla
- Start by whipping the butter in mixing bowl for 3–6 minutes on high speed, occasionally scraping the sides of the bowl.
The whipping will add air to the butter, causing the resulting buttercream to be off-white instead of cream-colored.
- Slowly incorporate the powdered sugar in ~2 cup increments. This can get messy so make sure to cover the mixing bowl with a tea towel or be prepared to clean up loads of powdered sugar dust.*
- Mix in vanilla, salt, and 1 tbsp milk. Continue adding milk at 1 tbsp increments until desired consistency.
If coloring the icing make sure to use gel coloring. Water-based coloring will cause the buttercream to separate, and no one likes slippery icing.
- Not recommended to be cleaned up "White Pony Style".
Other dessert recipes:
Churro Cheesecake BarsDessert
Strawberry Shortcake CookiesDessert
Chocolate Chip CookiesDessert
Chocolate Chocolate Chip CupcakesDessert
Mom's Secret Chocolate Pecan PieDessert
Carrot Cake CupcakesDessert
Cream Cheese FrostingDessert
Dulce de Leche Churro CupcakesDessert