Dulce de Leche Churro Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cup granulated sugar, separated into 1 1/2 cup and 1/2 cup
- 2 tbsp cinnamon, separated into 1 tbsp and 1 tbsp
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp each: baking soda, salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla, really just measure with your heart
- 1/2 cup each: buttermilk, sour cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 jar Dulce de Leche1
- 1 recipe of easy as fuck buttercream with 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 3–4 churros, cut into 1" pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In mixing bowl combine flour, 1 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tbsp cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Give it a quick whisk.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine eggs, vanilla, buttermilk, sour cream, and vegetable oil.
- Incorporate the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk together until well combined.
- Fill liners 1/2 way and bake for 14–18 minutes.
- While baking this is a good time to make the buttercream with 2 tsp cinnamon. Additionally in a small mixing bowl mix 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 tbsp cinnamon, set aside.
- While the cupcakes are still warm from the oven dunk tops of cupcakes in cinnamon sugar mixture, then set on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Once the cupcakes are fully cooled, core the center of cupcake with apple corer,2 then push the center of cake to the bottom of the cupcake.
- Fill the center with dulce de leche.
- Pipe top with buttercream, leaving a space for the edges to peak through so the cinnamon sugar mixture is visible.
- Drizzle on any extra dulce de leche, and top with a piece of churro.
- If you can’t find dulce de leche you can make your own! Peel off the label of a sweetened condensed milk, place it into a deep pot and fill the pot with water. Bring it to a boil, then decrease the heat to low. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours. If the water gets below the cans, fill with more water. After the 1 1/2 hours, flip the can over and simmer for another 2 1/2–3 hours. The longer it simmers the thicker the sauce will be.
- If you don’t have an apple corer, run a butter knife about 1/2" through the cake, and cut in a circle, or a square. Whatever is clever.
Other dessert recipes:
Churro Cheesecake BarsDessert
Strawberry Shortcake CookiesDessert
Chocolate Chip CookiesDessert
Chocolate Chocolate Chip CupcakesDessert
Mom's Secret Chocolate Pecan PieDessert
Carrot Cake CupcakesDessert
Easy as Fuck ButtercreamDessert
Cream Cheese FrostingDessert