Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar - lightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla - measure with your heart
- 1 1/2 cup carrots - finely shredded (like 2–3 carrots)
- Optional: 1 cup walnuts - chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and line cupcake tin with liners.
- In medium mixing bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Give it a quick whisk and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl combine vegetable oil, unsweetened applesauce, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the wet mixture.
- Once the two are combined, fold in shredded carrots, and optional walnuts.
- Using an ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour into lined cups until 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350°F for 18–20 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool completely before gracing them with a heaping dollop of cream cheese frosting.