Graham Cracker Tart Crust
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 sleeves graham crackers (about 14 crackers)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2–3 tbsp ice cold water
- Pulverize graham crackers in food processor to small bits — but not fine powder.
- Add flour, salt, and sugar to food processor. Pulse food processor a few times.
- Pulse butter into the mixture until a coarse meal is formed.
- Pulse ice cold water into mixture until a dough is formed.
- On a portion of plastic wrap, form the dough into a round disk. Wrap the disk up good, and pop it into the fridge until firm, about 15 minutes.
- In springform pan, press dough into an even layer over the bottom and up the sides. Freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Place springform pan on baking sheet, and poke the crust multiple times with a fork to prevent air bubbles.
- Line the crust with aluminum foil and press down to cover crust completely. Place pie weights over foil.
- Bake until the edges of the crust begin turning golden, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and pie weights, and continue baking until the crust is golden brown, about 10–15 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and let cool completely.
- Fill with your favorite pre-baked pie filling. Might I suggest a cheesecake recipe?
The crust is fully-cooked after the second bake. If you want to use a pie filling that needs to be baked, you should reduce the first bake time to 10–15 minutes (just enough time to harden the crust). Afterwards, you can add your filling and finish baking for at least 20 minutes.
Other dessert recipes:
Churro Cheesecake BarsDessert
Strawberry Shortcake CookiesDessert
Chocolate Chip CookiesDessert
Chocolate Chocolate Chip CupcakesDessert
Mom's Secret Chocolate Pecan PieDessert
Carrot Cake CupcakesDessert
Easy as Fuck ButtercreamDessert
Cream Cheese FrostingDessert
Dulce de Leche Churro CupcakesDessert