Cream Cheese Frosting
15 minutes prep
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- Large mixing bowl
- 8 oz cream cheese - room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - room temperature
- 1 1/3 lb powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: 2 tsp lemon juice and orange juice
- Start by whipping the butter, cream cheese and brown sugar in mixing bowl for 3–6 minutes on high speed, occasionally scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Slowly incorporate the powdered sugar in ~2 cup increments. This can get messy so make sure to cover the mixing bowl with a tea towel or be prepared to clean up loads of powdered sugar dust.
- Mix in vanilla, salt, and optional citrus juice.
- A solid dollop on top of carrot cake cupcakes is a match made in bunny heaven.