Dark Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla, measure with your heart
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cup dark chocolate chips, 2 cup chopped1
- Optional garnish: flaky salt
- In stand mixer using the whisk attachment or mixing bowl with hand mixer (a whisk is fine), whip butter for about 2 minutes until airy.
- Add in brown and granulated sugar, whip for an additional 2 minutes. Don’t forget to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add in peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla. Whip until well combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture. If using a stand mixer switch to the paddle attachment, if using a hand mixer switch to a spatula.
- When the flour is not fully incorporated (you should still be able to see flour streaks) add in dark chocolate chips, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Chill in fridge for 1–3 hours, or even overnight if a toffee noted flavor is desired.2
- Preheat oven to 350°F, line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Using cookie scoop, plops cookie balls on baking sheets about 2" apart.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes.
- Remove promptly onto cooling rack and lightly sprinkle with flaky salt, if desired.
- This recipe is also really good with butterscotch chips. If you got some good taste buds, sub 2 of the dark chocolate chips with butterscotch chips, and instead only chop 1 cup of dark chocolate chips..
- If you are wanting to freeze, no need to pre-chill in fridge. Instead line baking sheet with freezer paper(shiny side up), use cookie scoop and plop dough balls right next to each other, freeze until solid 2–3 hours. Store in freezer baggie for up to 3 months.
Other dessert recipes:
Churro Cheesecake BarsDessert
Strawberry Shortcake CookiesDessert
Chocolate Chip CookiesDessert
Chocolate Chocolate Chip CupcakesDessert
Mom's Secret Chocolate Pecan PieDessert
Carrot Cake CupcakesDessert
Easy as Fuck ButtercreamDessert
Cream Cheese FrostingDessert
Dulce de Leche Churro CupcakesDessert