5 minutes prep15 minutes cook
- Sauce pan
- 1 cup basmati or jasmine rice, rinsed until water is clear
- 1 1/2 cups water or chicken broth
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp each turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder, salt
- In sauce pan, combine butter and seasonings over medium heat until melty.
- Swirl rice in sauce pan to soak up butter.
- Add water or chicken broth, and bring to a boil.
- Once at a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and let cook until rice is tender, about 12–15 minutes.
- Serve with yogurt chicken or your favorite gyro.
Other side dish recipes:
Twice-baked P'totsSide Dish
1 hour 30 minutes
Smashed P'totsSide Dish
Cilantro Lime RiceSide Dish
Ginger RiceSide Dish
P'tot WedgesSide Dish
Not So Boring RiceSide Dish
Cheesy Garlic BreadSide Dish
Sweet P'Tot FriesSide Dish
Jalapeño Cheddar CornbreadSide Dish