5 minutes prep15 minutes cook
- Sauce pan
- 1 cup basmati or jasmine rice, rinsed until water is clear
- 1 1/2 cups water or chicken broth
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp each turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder, salt
- In sauce pan, combine butter and seasonings over medium heat until melty.
- Swirl rice in sauce pan to soak up butter.
- Add water or chicken broth, and bring to a boil.
- Once at a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and let cook until rice is tender, about 12–15 minutes.
- Serve with yogurt chicken or your favorite gyro.