Not So Boring Rice
10 minutes prep15 minutes cook
- Sauce pan
- 1 cup basmati or jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, whites & greens separated
- 1 tbsp or 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp neutral cooking oil
- To taste: salt, white pepper
- In sauce pan, heat oil to medium-high heat. Add in garlic and onion whites. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Toss in the rinsed rice and toast for about 30 seconds, allowing the rice grains to soak up the oil.
- Add the chicken stock, a pinch of salt, and white pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Once at a boil, cover and bring down to a simmer. Let simmer ~12–15 minutes until rice is tender.
- Fluff with fork and serve, topping with green onions.
Other side dish recipes:
Twice-baked P'totsSide Dish
1 hour 30 minutes
Smashed P'totsSide Dish
Cilantro Lime RiceSide Dish
Ginger RiceSide Dish
Yellow RiceSide Dish
P'tot WedgesSide Dish
Cheesy Garlic BreadSide Dish
Sweet P'Tot FriesSide Dish
Jalapeño Cheddar CornbreadSide Dish