Not So Boring Rice
10 minutes prep15 minutes cook
- Sauce pan
- 1 cup basmati or jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, whites & greens separated
- 1 tbsp or 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp neutral cooking oil
- To taste: salt, white pepper
- In sauce pan, heat oil to medium-high heat. Add in garlic and onion whites. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Toss in the rinsed rice and toast for about 30 seconds, allowing the rice grains to soak up the oil.
- Add the chicken stock, a pinch of salt, and white pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Once at a boil, cover and bring down to a simmer. Let simmer ~12–15 minutes until rice is tender.
- Fluff with fork and serve, topping with green onions.