Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread
15 minutes prep20 minutes cook
- 12" cast iron skillet or 9x9" casserole dish
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 jalapeño peppers, de-seeded, 1 diced, 1 sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- Honey, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Spray cast iron with non-stick spray, or butter the shit out of it.
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, diced jalapeño, cheddar cheese, baking powder and salt.
- In the other mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, and melted butter.
- Pour wet mix into dry mix, and give it a nice whiskin'.
- Pour the mix into cast iron, top with as many jalapeños as you can handle and a drizzle of honey.
- Bake 20–25 minutes until the edges are nice and golden brown and the center is set.
- Slice it up and serve with a huge bowl of chili.