Black Bean Salad
- 15 oz (1 can) black beans, rinsed and drained (or 1 1/2 cups freshly cooked black beans)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, defrosted
- 1/2 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 fresh plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp lime juice (about the juice from 1 lime)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- To taste: salt, pepper
- Gently combine black beans, corn, green onions, jalapeño, tomatoes, bell pepper, lime juice, and olive oil in mixing bowl.
- Gently fold in avocado.
- Add salt and pepper, sprinkle with sugar.
- Chill 10 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, add cilantro.