10 minutes prep
Yields 2 1/2 cup
- Box Grater
- Cheesecloth or 6–8 paper towels
- Mixing bowl
- 3/4 english cucumber, grate on the large holes of box grater
- 1 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp or 4 cloves garlic, minced or made into paste1
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- To taste: salt, white or black pepper
- Place cucumber in cheesecloth and squeeze to remove excess moisture. Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add yogurt, olive oil, dill, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper to bowl, and stir to blend. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to get to each other.
- Serve with some naan or atop of a Mediterranean turkey burger
- To make garlic into paste, crush garlic and let sit for 10 minutes (this allows the allicin in the garlic to become happy). After the 10 minutes top the garlic with a pinch of salt and use the back of a sharp knife to smooth and scrape the garlic back and forth on the cutting board until a paste is formed.
Other ingredient recipes:
Spicy Sundried Tomato AioliIngredient
Lemon Yogurt DressingIngredient
Spicy Garlic AioliIngredient