Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, reserve 2 tbsp liquid1
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1–3 tbsp olive oil
- To taste: salt
- Optional: paprika, and chopped parsley for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel the papery outside of garlic. Make sure to leave the bulb whole and each individual clove in their skin.
- Cut off 1/4" to 1/2" of the top of garlic, exposing the cloves.
- Place garlic on a piece of foil large enough to wrap garlic in. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil, and close foil.
- Place garlic on baking sheet or directly on oven rack, bake at 400° for 30–40 minutes, or until the cloves are lightly browned and feel soft when pressed.
- Let cool completely, then remove cloves from skins.
- In food processor whip lemon juice and tahini until light and airy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in chickpeas and blend for 2–3 minutes until smooth.
- Add in cumin, baking soda, roasted garlic, salt, 1 tbsp olive oil, and 2 tbsp reserved chickpea liquid. Blend for 1 minute.
- If a smoother consistency is desired, drizzle in 1–2 tbsp of olive oil and blend.
- Place in serving dish, drizzle with some olive oil, paprika, and fresh parsley.
- This pairs wonderfully with our naan
- You can leave the skins on chickpeas, or remove them for a smoother texture.