- 12 oz neutral beer (Stella, not Bud Light)
- 1 can (10.5 oz) cream of cheese
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp each mustard, garlic powder, paprika
- To taste: salt, cayenne or pickled jalapeño juice
- In sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- After butter is melted, slowly whisk in the flour. Once combined, let cook about 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the half-and-half creating a loose roux, whisking away any clumps. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly incorporate the cheese, one handful at a time. Don’t add more cheese until the cheese in the pan is fully melted.
- Once all cheese is melted, dump in the cream of cheese and give it a whirl.
- Add in the seasonings. Let simmer about 10 minutes, stirring ocassionally.
- Serve with soft pretzels, a spoon, or the dread of facing another month in quarantine.