Mushroom and Truffle Oil Flatbread with Arugula Salad
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced (pre-sliced is fine)
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Italian cheese, shredded
- 5 tsp truffle oil
- 2 oz arugula
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, wedged
- 2 flatbreads
- To taste: salt, pepper
- Place foil lined baking sheet in oven, preheat to 425°F.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in non-stick skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, shallot, half Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, ~10 minutes.
- Remove preheated baking sheet from oven, top flatbreads with cheese, remaining Italian seasoning, mushroom mixture, salt and pepper.
- Bake until cheese is melty, and edges of flatbread start to brown, 7–9 minutes.
- Remove from oven, drizzle top with truffle oil and squeeze of lemon. Slice and serve.
- In mixing bowl, toss arugula with drizzle of olive oil, squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper.
You can serve the salad on the side, or atop of the flatbreads.