Mushroom and Truffle Oil Flatbread with Arugula Salad
5 minutes prep25 minutes cook
- 12" Non-stick skillet
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced (pre-sliced is fine)
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Italian cheese, shredded
- 5 tsp truffle oil
- 2 oz arugula
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, wedged
- 2 flatbreads
- To taste: salt, pepper
- Place foil lined baking sheet in oven, preheat to 425°F.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in non-stick skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, shallot, half Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, ~10 minutes.
- Remove preheated baking sheet from oven, top flatbreads with cheese, remaining Italian seasoning, mushroom mixture, salt and pepper.
- Bake until cheese is melty, and edges of flatbread start to brown, 7–9 minutes.
- Remove from oven, drizzle top with truffle oil and squeeze of lemon. Slice and serve.
- In mixing bowl, toss arugula with drizzle of olive oil, squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper.
You can serve the salad on the side, or atop of the flatbreads.
Other snack recipes:
2 Ingredient NaanSnack
Roasted Garlic HummusSnack