5 minutes prep
- Cocktail shaker
- 1 egg white
- 2 ozs bourbon
- 3/4 oz lemon juice (about the juice from 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 1 lemon peel
- 3–4 drops aromatic bitters
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Add egg white to cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously 6–8 times. This will ensure the cocktail has a foamy head.
- Add whiskey, lemon juice, simple syrup, and a few ice cubes to the cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously 8–10 times.
- Strain into cocktail glass or lowball.1
- Express lemon peel. Garnish with bitters and maraschino cherry.
- It’s important to strain with ~1/8" clearance to allow the foam to escape the shaker. A wide-mouthed glass or the lid to the shaker often work better for this than a traditional cocktail strainer.