5 minutes prep
- 1 1/2 ozs bourbon or rye whiskey
- 1 sugar cube1
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters
- 1 orange peel
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Add sugar cube to lowball. Saturate with bitters and a dash of water.
- Muddle until sugar is dissolved.
- Add large ice cube to glass, followed by whiskey.
- Express orange peel and garnish with cherry.
- Simple syrup can be used as a substitute for the sugar cube and water in a pinch. In that case, give the bitters and simple syrup a quick stir before adding the ice cube.
Other cocktail recipes: