5 minutes prep
- 2 ozs tequila1
- 1 oz lime juice (about the juice from 1 lime)
- 1 grapefruit wedge
- Grapefruit soda2
- Kosher salt
- Rub grapefruit wedge across half the lip of a highball, and dip into kosher salt.
- Add tequila and lime juice to glass, and fill with ice. Stir well.
- Top glass with grapefruit soda and garnish with grapefruit wedge.
- Swap the tequila for mezcal to produce a smokier (but no less refreshing) cocktail.
- Any grapefruit soda will do, but real heads use Jarritos.